Wednesday, February 27, 2013

John f***ing Denver, people

Dear World,

I have reactivated my twitter. Even though I don't understand it in the slightest, it's what all the cool kids are doing these days, and since I like keeping in touch with the world, I may as well do it.

In other news, I walked five miles today. I only had the intention of walking two, then I liked those two miles so much I decided to walk them again. Then at the end of the fourth mile, I decided I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, so that was the fifth mile. The grilled cheese was well worth the extremely sore feet.

Speaking of walking, I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to go about this whole "growing up" business, and was talking to my friend, when all of a sudden I was like, "OMGISHOULDWALKACROSSTHEUSA." Just like that. When I get really excited, space bars know to take a step back from me. Really, my inner Forrest Gump was just clawing its way out of me. So I took a mental note to research that later, and went to bed. The next morning, I became really serious about the idea, and googled it and everything.

On a side note, spell check needs to get its shit together, because "google" has definitely been a verb for a couple of years now. Seriously, I can say "google" with a straight face, that's how mainstream and accepted it has become.

So anyway, back to things. I googled it, and apparently I'm not the first one who has had this idea, and I certainly wouldn't be the first person to undertake and complete it successfully either. Once I read the blogs of many people who have done it, and about the thousands of dollars, and the bears and snakes, and the sleeping alone, and the worrying about creepy people, the thrill kind of wore off, honestly. Actually, it's the bears and snakes and the thousands of dollars that did it more than anything. Maybe that's just not for me right now. But you know what? I should definitely do something adventurous, and I stumbled upon this thing called the "American Discovery Trail," which is basically a network of trails that goes across the USA. I found one that goes across Maryland, and I thought that I should perhaps try that. Or maybe I should bike it instead. Who knows, honestly. If anyone is dying to bike across Maryland with me, you should let me know. If anyone also knows where to get a bike, you should let me know about that too.

So anyway, in other news, I have totally come to a sad realisation. And by sad realisation, I mean I have come to terms with a part of myself. Inside of me, there is totally a redneck that I haven't let out. Honestly, I have no clue if I'm just having an early life crisis or what, but there is a part of me that wants to go sit on a mountain in West Virginia until I figure everything out. I bought a John Denver song and a poster of America yesterday. That's about all I feel like saying about that, I just needed to validate the title of this post.

Finally, I'll end with this. I really kind of wish I had a twin. First, because I can't think of anything the world needs more than someone who looks exactly like me. Lol jk. Twins are lucky. They have their own language and everything. They know each others thoughts. I think that's pretty cool. But enough about that, because this sleepytime tea is really living up to its name and I'm trying to get into the Walking Dead before I konk out.


No comments:

Post a Comment