Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jesus is totally going to ruin my next birthday party, I know it

I'm feeling pretty random today. Therefore, I guess random is the route of action for this blog today.

Random thought number one.

Pretty sure one of the most embarrassing things to do is to have a song playing and go to belt something out, and you either sing the wrong thing or you come in at the wrong time at the top of your lungs. Before you ask in yourself in your head, this hasn't happened to me recently. I was just listening to my iPod and I was like "wow, that would be embarrassing if I were to play this song in front of people and sing it and come in at the wrong time." Don't ask me why I think about shit like that, because I have absolutely no clue. Of course, honestly, I always have those thoughts. I could be at a birthday party and be the only one there thinking, "wow, how much would it suck if the rapture happened right now?" I have never gone to a birthday party and thought about that either, but I guess I will now have that thought constantly in my head if I do end up ever going to a birthday party. Actually, that would be the worst day ever for me if the rapture happened during my birthday party. It's YOUR day and all of a sudden half of your friends vanish. Actually, knowing my friends, they would all still be there. Actually, I guess a lot of people would still be here, because I guarantee Jesus is pissed at all of us for not sharing and liking all of those facebook pictures.

Random thought number two.

So, of course, to absolutely NO surprise to anyone reading this blog or even anyone who talks to me in real life (all five of you), I have, of course, been going through this "coming of age" process. I woke up one morning, realised that I am 20 years old, then BAM. All of a sudden, I'm restless, I want my freaking life to get started already, I want to figure out what kind of person I am, and how I'm going to live my life and stuff. Also, since everyone around me is getting married, I really looked into this. I truly wonder why people get married. Now, there is the religious reason, and it's so that you can make a family, and help each other get into heaven sort of deal, but if you're not a particularly religious person, why would you still want to get married? How is getting married different than being in a steady long term relationship? The divorce rate is 50%, so it's not like getting married necessarily keeps you together forever, and sometimes, it really isn't more of a commitment than just being in a serious relationship. 

So I did what I always do, and I googled this. Aside from religious reasons, we feel there is a sense of accomplishment in being married. From the time we're little, we're basically told that one day we will get married and have kids too, and once you do, you basically unlock a life achievement. Also, and I thought this was funny, we have this deep seeded desire to possess things, and if you're legally married, it's kind of like the other person is yours. Even if your husband is sleeping around, he's still yours. I mean, you have papers and everything. 

Random thought number three.

I'm basically done boycotting Chik-fil-A. It's one of those things that everyone really cared about for about a week, but when you think about it, where else are you going to find Chik-fil-A sauce? Nowhere. That's where. It may be bigotry, but it is delicious bigotry, and being a heartless American, I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment