Friday, February 15, 2013

I want ice cream

So this may be more of a serious one, since I kind of have to make up for the offensive post yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, in the midst of my sadness (yes, yesterday was pretty rough), I experienced something all of a sudden that I hadn't in a long, long time. I finally felt like myself. My anxiety completely melted away for a while. I felt such a wave of relief, like things are finally starting to look up. 

So I just changed my bacon calendar, and on this day it says:

"Of all the lessons in life that I've learned the hard way, the ones involving frontal nudity and hot bacon grease seem to be the most enduring." -Anonymous

First of all, if I said something like that, I would let the world know my name, because that is a nugget of wisdom if I ever saw one. 

Actually, I had another crazy dream last night, so I guess I'll talk about that. Some irrelevant stuff happened, as it does in all dreams, but the significant part began when I went on a trip. I don't know how I ended up on this trip, but when I turned to my handy dandy internet to interpret everything, it made a lot of sense to my waking life. 

It started on a bus. And I just remember trying to sleep on the bus. Then I woke up and we were driving through the desert for some strange reason. Then somehow we ended up in Colorado, and we were entering mountains, and we were driving up the mountains. I remember amusement park rides somewhere in there too, but the most vivid part was when we were driving up this very winding curvy road, and then finally we got to the top and there was a grocery store so I was like "OMG I NEED ICE CREAM." So I was searching this store for my ice cream (specifically for Ben and Jerry's, because that stuff ROCKS) and I remember that I found some, but for some reason it wasn't the right kind, and so I had to go back and search again and I had some trouble finding it, but I think I did eventually find some. This is when I drifted back into awake land. 

So apparently, sleeping denotes peace of mind. It may also symbolise new beginnings and renewal, which makes sense, given my state of mind yesterday. A desert symbolises loss and misfortune. Mountains symbolise major obstacles and challenges to overcome. The road was long and windy, but like I said, we did eventually make it to the top, which symbolises that I have achieved and realised my goals. I have recognised my full potential. Climbing a mountain signifies my determination and ambition, even if the road gets really windy and curvy and I am scared that I'm going to fall off the mountain. Apparently ice cream is good luck. It signifies pleasure and satisfaction in love and with life. 

This is the first time that a dream has ever made sense like this before. 

Over the past four weeks, I've begun to do a lot of soul searching, thinking about everything that happened, and what I want. I realise that time has done me a lot of good here. I realise that I had to take the time to get up the windy, curvy mountain road, and finally reach the top before I can have any kind of success in love. I remember being extremely nervous the whole trip, scared of what might happen, since the driver of the bus seemed a little drunk and reckless, but I made it to the top.

I'm sorry that this post wasn't remotely funny, and is more of me just talking to myself, but I really had to make up for the offensive post about midgets yesterday. Life is all about balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment